FOXHOUND is a High-Tech Elite Special Forces unit and was formed to cope with local revolutions, regional complications, and global terrorist activities. This unit specializes in carrying out black ops within unauthorized combat zones.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming

Go down 

Nutshell options
The Virus 22nd - Nam 29th - Bunker/Urban 6th
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
Bunker/Urban 6th - Nam 29th - The Virus 6th
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
What about Portland.... CQB Scares me...
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Caley
Admin

PostSubject: READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming   Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:07 am

READ THEN VOTE

Right right right!! This is even by my standards I consider short notice to a degree but I want to put it out on a vote to and to get some opinions quickly to make a decision!

Here's the score, as a team w'eve been running about 10 months now! During this time we've been hitting up the woodland sites (Blox and GZ) and are lucky enough to have The Rock at Portland (not many airsoft quarry sites about!) but its time we put our foot into some indoor / CQB action! I imagine its just that bit more intense, fast and painful... and allows scope for some serious team work I think!

As I suggested originally for the 22nd, this Sunday was UCAP's The Bunker at £25 walk on, the large underground network of tunnels, in Fareham this side of Portsmouth.

But I checked my email on Friday and I had a message from UCAP announcing the return of The Virus in Midhurst the other side of Portsmouth, a hospital.... yeah...! Its only on for 3 weekends, I understand it was a site they use rarely and shortly with limited spaces... as it says "If you missed it, don't miss out again!" and this looks like an oppitunity NOT TO BE MISSED! Who dosnt want to play in a hospital?! Well its a bit more then that, its a complex, with a basement, with a lift too..

The dates are:

22nd Apr - This Sunday
29th Apr - NAM so no no
5th May - Saturday so a no no
6th May - 3 weeks, also doable.

The costs are a fraction more then a normal skirmish at £32.50 with no Rental option (not an issue we have team loan weapons) I think that's fair for a unique site and game and for probably what costs them allot more to lease for an airsoft game then a woodland plot.

Also the need for advanced booking is there as it states "Places are LIMITED to 80 Players each day. We suggest you pre book your place as this is the only way to ensure your game."

Also there is no reason we haven't given GZ Urban a go either, being its only in Sopley 25 mins away.

All these CQB sites are pre book as limited spaces on CQB so advanced booking (NOTE The Bunker is £10 deposit, The Virus is full payment £32.50, and GZ Urban is just names)

Recap

The Virus: £32.50 - 2hrs Drive - Full Payment
The Bunker: £25 - 1.30hrs Drive - £10 Deposit
GZ Urban: £25 - 30mins Drive - Pre Book

THE OPTIONS

Taking all that shit into consideration I want to simply know what people would prefer? Knowing we cant do Virus on 29th or 5th leaves 22nd this weekend if people were as keen as me, or this weekend hit up The Bunker or GZUrban as I appreciate the £32.50 upfront (fuck It I dont have it but its an opportunity) and do The Virus on the weekend after nam on the 6th?

Also if your not planning on attending all these dates vote with the site you most want to play, with the date you can play on in mind.

VOICE YOURSELVES! Leave a comment with your opinions.

Some visual Aids-

The Virus Gallery - http://web.me.com/crackingday/UCAPVIRUS/GALLERY.html
Vid of action -

The Bunker Gallery - http://web.mac.com/crackingday/UCAP-UGHQ/Gallery_Media.html
Vid of action -

GZ Urban Gallery - http://www.groundzeroairsoft.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=122&page=1
Vid of action -

Last edited by Caley on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://foxhound.forumotion.co.uk
Caley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming   Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Ive voted for the Virus this weekend and do one of the others on the 6th, because im eager like a beaver to give this a go!!! I would rather front the cost now for The Virus, book it mid week and then have nam the weekend after, rather then realise I cant afford The Virus the week after Nam as it costs that little bit extra and petrol as its that little bit further. So thinking GZ urban the 6th as its close too, and The Bunker later in May.

My thoughts anyway, what are people thinking?

This only seems appropriate!

Fox Hound Member

PostSubject: Re: READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming   Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:08 pm

i dont think i will be coming this week end as i have a lack of funds but i dont mind where we go the week after nam as i will have been paid so ill be up for anything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hannibalvexor
Fox Hound Member

PostSubject: Count me in....   Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:26 pm

OK, im really interested in everything lol. Im free this sunday and the 6th so i do not see an issue with me going to ether of these sites dude, also my car is tanked so i could drive us to bloody wales if you found an interesting enough site for us to play at lol.

But i think maybe the bunker this weekend and Virus on the 6th. Prob be more chance of a higher attendance

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OAP
Fox Hound Member

PostSubject: Re: READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming   Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:01 am

nam for me and maybe gz urban,i will let you know on that one,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:14 am

Matt text me as couldnt use the forum from his phone, hes voted The Virus on 6th, with Dan and Ash thats a 3 count. Im thinking that may be a good idea make sure we can pay the pre booking in good time. And hit GZ Urban this weekend, if we get a headcount il phone in the pre book... if thats the case? Il leave it another day or two.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming   Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:32 am

As it stands looks like everyones whos said is in for the 6th as Virus.... but no one appears to want to play this Sunday at I was thinking GZ Urban... no deposit, I just have to call them with a headcount, likely tomorrow.. looks like Just me and Dan on this one? £25.. 30 mins up the road... CQB action?

Fox Hound Member

PostSubject: Re: READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming   Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:29 am

sorry buddy have like no spare cash im afraid but it sounds amazing a would love to go another time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digital_Boy
Fox Hound Member

PostSubject: sounds great   Sat May 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Sounds amazing but I will need a smaller gun and some money so may be a while before i can set off there, been a bit in the dark lately as no job and money but that's about to change so I hope to get right back into airsofting asap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming   Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Glad to hear James, Yeah Adge keeps us posted, been a while since you stepped out onto the airsoft field now!

We did GZ urban two weeks ago and it was bloody amazing. This Sunday were hitting up The Virus (King Edwards Hospital woop woop fuck yeah) but this is the last game there as its being torn down afterwards.

Well do GZ Urban again soon as its insane, you wont need a smaller rif for it really for GZU as its not as tight as youd think, allot of unused cadet bunks etc so all open. I used my AK47 before and plenty of people using long barrel rifs, just gotta be under 350fps. I did have both my pistols for some duel wield winning which was fun. Having a sidearm would be suggested but dont need to get a smaller rif just for one site Smile Though that wont stop you haha!

PostSubject: Re: READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming   

Back to top Go down

READ THEN VOTE - Games this weekend 22nd and upcoming
Page 1 of 1